Amsterdam, the city built on water, bikes (literally) and the famous red light district. This metropolis truly has everything. The hustle and bustle of a big city, Museum’s and Art galleries galore, plus amazing shopping. You can cycle or walk anywhere within an hour or two.
You can visit Amsterdam any time of the year and have plenty of things to do. With restaurants and pubs providing a cosy setting in winter, the umbrellas and chairs will hit the pavement in summer time outside the cafes.
I have a new love affair with this city, and can’t wait to visit it again! Here are my suggestions for your next visit to the country of Cheese and Clogs:
Where to stay:
Park Plaza Victoria
What to do:
There are so many things to see and do in Amsterdam, but these make my top list:
– Walk around The Jordaan area to explore the unique cafe’s and quirky shops
– Anne Franks House– Pre book your tickets or be prepared for 3+ hour long waits
– Dam Square– the centre of Amsterdam
– Vondel Park– beautiful all year round
– A Canal cruise is a must in Summer time!
– A Bike Tour- I have done three now and love them every single time. Yellow Bike Tours is the company I would recommend
– Red Light District– You can’t go to Amsterdam and not have a look around the famous area
– A’DAM Lookout- see the most spectacular 360 degree view of Amsterdam
– Floating Flower Market– Because a visit to Amsterdam wouldn’t be complete without seeing some tulips!
– A visit to Zaanse Schans to see some Dutch Windmills
– Body Worlds– The Happiness Project
– Van Gough Museum
– Gassan Diamonds